Skip to section
According to CPA Australia, the competitionfor accountant jobs is expected to become more stiff throughout 2022. That said, opportunities do present themselves and seizing a great one will require you to have a great resume.
Use my Australian accountant resume example below to improve your current resume, or save yourself even more time by using:
Australian Accountant Resume Example.
Here’s a resume example that my team wrote for an Australian accountant. Let’s examine it to see how it can help you land more interviews in today’s competitive job market.
Here’s why this accountant resume example is likely to get noticed by Australian recruiters and hiring managers:
- Sharp design. Graphics and good font choices are used to create a sense of order and understated style.
- Clear contact information. Everything that the recruiter needs, and nothing they don’t. Include your phone, Australian address, LinkedIn URL and personal email). No need to include anything else.
- Captivating profile. Stay away from bloat, fluff and platitudes. In other words, don’t write, “I’m an experienced, dynamic, energetic, driven accountant with extensive experience”. Make each word count!
- Succinct key skills. Also known as key assets, the key skills section showcases your fine skills and helps your resume defeat ATS robots.
Here’s what makes this page work so well:
- Reverse chronological format. Ideal for an experienced accountant, the reverse-chronological resume format grabs a recruiter’s attention by placing your most recent roles first.
- Front-loaded, action verb-driven achievements. Most accounting jobs are won or lost through resume achievements. Ensure that they’re compelling, persuasive, and communicate your commercial value.
Treat the last page of your resume with the same level of respect as you do the first. Information here often gets used to decide whether you’re the right applicant, or not:
- Length. Largely determined by the length of your career, the correct length of an Australian resume is between 1 and 5 pages. The above resume example is exactly 3 pages long and is typical for an Australian accountant with 4-5 roles under their belt.
- Additional career history. Remember that first accounting gig you got at a local family practice in Parramatta? Yep, it goes here.
- References. Never list your referee details on your resume (why?).
Best Resume Templates For Australian Accountants.
Resume templates are great because they provide you with a consistent format and layout that you can use for your job applications. This means that you can focus on writing the content of your accountant resume, rather than worrying about the design.
Rather than building a resume layout from the ground up, I highly recommend that you use one of these freebies from Resume.io:
What if you want a professional to write your accounant resume?
Job Outlook For Accountants In Australia.
According to CPA Australia, the job outlook for accountants in Australia is positive. The demand for qualified accountants is expected to grow in the coming years, especially in the small to medium business sector. This means that there will be plenty of opportunities for those with the right qualifications and experience.
The average salary for an accountant in Australia is $85,000 per year. This is a very attractive salary, especially when you compare it to other countries.
Your long-term career prospects depend on your ability to
Related Australian Resume Examples.
P.S. Are you an Australian accountant, on the lookout for your next job? Tell me about your biggest job search challenge so far in the comments below, and I’ll provide you with advice to help you overcome it.