The demand for proven senior executives in Australia will remain steady during 2023. That said, some jobs will inevitably be lost, and giving yourself options begins by ensuring that you have an up-to-date senior executive resume, written specifically for the Australian market.
Use my Australian senior executive resume example below to give yourself a massive headstart, or save yourself even more time by using my recommended:
Australian Senior Executive Resume Example.
Here’s a resume example of an Australian senior executive. Let’s use it to level up your own executive resume and help you find the right role faster.
Here’s why this senior executive resume will impress Australian executive search firms and executive recruiters:
- Crisp design. Simple and minimalist, it uses understated graphics to guide the reader’s eye.
- Clear contact information. You only have to provide your Australian phone number, address, LinkedIn profile URL and personal email. (List of details not to provide).
- Captivating profile. Want to know a secret? Profiles of most executive resumes are rubbish. Make yours look good, and you’ll instantly set yourself apart.
- Sharp key skills. Also known as key assets, the key skills section showcases your hard and soft skills and helps your resume fight ATS programs.
Here are the most important takeaways from this page:
- Reverse chronological format. Ideal for a senior executive, the reverse-chronological resume format places your most relevant roles front and centre.
- Front-loaded, action verb-driven achievements. This is where you win or lose the job interview. As a senior executive, be sure to highlight achievements that are consistent with your level of seniority. (Don’t mention that CRM you implemented as a young operations manager).
The final page of your senior executive resume is just as important as the first. Often an executive recruiter who isn’t 100% sold on the idea of interviewing you will use the information on this page to make up their mind:
- Length. The typical length of an Australian executive resume is between 3 and 5 pages. The resume example above is 3 pages in length, which is typical for a young Managing Director with 15-20 years of experience.
- Additional career history. Do you have roles that you finished more than 15 years ago? This is the place to put them.
- References. Simply write that references are available. Nothing else.
Best Resume Templates For Australian Senior Executives.
Resume templates provide you with a professional format and structure that saves you time. Don’t waste hours writing your resume from scratch. Use one of these freebies from Resume.io:
What if you want a done-for-you resume?
Job Outlook For Senior Executives In Australia.
Surprisingly, the job outlook for senior executives in Australia is quite rosy. In fact, many recruiters are reporting an increase in demand for top-level talent Down Under.
Of course, as with any job search, landing a role in the c-suite is not always easy. But if you have the right level and type of experience, it is certainly possible to find a great job as a senior executive in Australia.
There are a few things to keep in mind when searching for a role as a Managing Director or other senior executive in Australia.
- First, it is important to have a strong understanding of the Australian business landscape. This means knowing key industries and players, and being up-to-date on the latest news and trends.
- Second, it is helpful to have a good network of contacts in Australia. If you know someone who can introduce you to the right people, your job search will be much easier.
Finally, ensure that your executive resume is in order.
While this may seem like a moot point in an article that talks about the best senior executive resume examples, I’ll need to make it again – because it’s key.
You’ll be competing against dozens of other immensely qualified senior executives, and unless your resume explains “why you”, you won’t get hired.
Related Australian Resume Examples.
- Australian Business Analyst Resume Example
- Australian Accountant Resume Example
- Australian Lawyer Resume Example
- Australian IT Project Manager Resume Example
- Australian Hospitality Manager Resume Example
- Australian Registered Nurse Resume Example
- Australian Graduate Resume Example
- Australian Customer Service Resume Example
- Australian Chef Resume Example
P.S. Are you a senior executive, on the hunt for a job in Australia? Tell me about what your job search has been like in the comments below, and I’ll provide you with tips to help you succeed!